Regular Part-time (0.5 FTE) PCN Chronic Disease Management/Complex Care Nurse Practitioner or Registered Nurse
Posted on November 15, 2021
Peaks to Prairies Primary Care Network (PCN) is a physician-led non-profit corporation that works collaboratively with Alberta Health Services and our community partners to support primary care in Olds, Sundre and surrounding area. Our mission is to be a health home where we provide patient-focused care, support, and resources to enable our patients to achieve their best health.
Are you a Nurse Practitioner or a Registered Nurse who meets the competency requirements and standards for prescribing and ordering diagnostic tests? If so, we invite you to apply for this opportunity to join our PCN Chronic Disease Management/Complex Care team!
The position will be a regular part-time (0.5 FTE) and will be located at the Moose & Squirrel Medical Clinic in Sundre to provide interdisciplinary care in collaboration with family physicians, clinic staff and other PCN health care providers.
Our ideal candidate has:
• Experience working as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide patient-centered care of specific patient groups with chronic conditions and/or complex care needs (e.g., Obesity, Diabetes, Hypertension, etc.).
• Experience with adult education and awareness of the principles of self-management, including collaborating with the patient to establish priorities/goals for self-management.
• A demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development and the delivery of evidence-based practice and care planning.
• Current registration with CARNA.
• Knowledge of and ability to use electronic medical records.
• The ability to take initiative, work independently, be a self-starter and self-learner.
Salary: Will be negotiated based on experience. Peaks to Prairies Primary Care Network offers a competitive compensation package with comprehensive benefits, opportunities, and an outstanding work environment.
Peaks to Prairies Primary Care Network is committed to ensuring the safety of staff and patients and requires the following must be provided prior to your first day of work:
Security Screening: Satisfactory criminal record check and/or Vulnerable Sector Search. Additionally, all employees have an ongoing duty to disclose any charges or convictions that may occur during their employment with Peaks to Prairies.
COVID-19 Immunization: Proof of full immunization against COVID-19. Full immunization status is achieved when 14 days have passed after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine, or the first dose of a single-dose vaccine.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Peaks to Prairies Primary Care Network is committed to providing high quality client-centered care by attracting, engaging, and developing an inclusive workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves. Diversity at Peaks to Prairies Primary Care Network.