Join the Peaks to Prairies Primary Care Network in a friendly walk! Our walking group was designed for your health and meets every Wednesday all year round. We walk at different locations and times throughout the year. In the Fall/Winter months, our group walks indoors at the CLC Fitness Centre located in the Ralph Klein Centre. In the Spring/Summer months, our group walks outside at different locations within Olds. The group is for all fitness levels and is monitored by our Exercise Specialist and Nursing Team. Our team is available for health support, to establish a safe walking program, and trials/use of Urban Poles (walking poles). Also, you will have free access to the CLC Fitness Centre indoor walking track during our walking group sessions. Contact us to register today!
We encourage everyone to follow the Summer Safety Tips:
1. Stay hydrated. Please bring a bottle of water with you to every walking group
2. Wear light and loose fitting clothing that are breathable and light colors to reflect the sunlight
3. Wear a hat and sunscreen
4. Take breaks. Find shade and take breaks during your walks
5. Know your medication – Some medications may make you dizzy or react to the sun/heat
6. Have your contact numbers available in case of an emergency.
Dates are subject to change based on public health measures.
Date: Wednesday 01 September 2021
Time: 10:00am - 11:00am
Location: Centennial Park
Contact: Contact Greg at 403-556-9275